Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Picture Challenge Day 7: Sunset

I remember reading an interesting article when I was in high school about people who preferred sunsets over sunrises.  People who loved sunrises tended to be more practical, more productive but rated how they enjoyed life lower than those who loved sunsets.  Sunset lovers were more romantic, more laid back and rated their life enjoyment pretty high.  Whether or not these are true I have no idea.  I prefer sunrises and I enjoy life a lot... maybe if I loved sunsets I would be really, really happy all the time.
Anyway, on our way to South Dakota this past weekend, we got to witness a really great sunset.  Unfortunately, my little point and shoot camera and the fact that we didn't want to stop to take a picture doesn't allow you to see the awesomeness of it.  There were a lot of rainstorms going on and we were looking at the sunset through miles of rainstorms, all lit orange.
Actually, looking at it, this picture isn't all that pretty at all.  Sorry.  I tried to get you a good sunset picture and I hadn't seen one until that night.
Our trip to South Dakota was good, though.  We hiked Harney Peak with Jim's dad and our dog, David.  We had ice cream at Armadillos (which started a trend, I have now had ice cream three days in a row.  By the way, if you haven't already, you should make some banana based soft serve, it's delicious.  I used this recipe yesterday.  I didn't use a sweetener but I did put a bit of fresh ground peanut butter in it. I highly recommend it if like me, chocolate is your one "cheat" to a healthy diet.  I don't consider it a cheat, actually, but maybe that's for another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment