Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Day At The Vet...

is an expensive day. 

My two little ones were due for their shots.  Here in Ogallala, it's required to have your vaccinated in order to be registered.  I need to update their registrations soon, too!  But I have to let my pocket book grow a little more before I'm willing to pay more on these dogs!

Now, getting shots is not that big of a deal in anyway.  Except for Gray.  Have you ever met someone (animal or otherwise) who seems scared of everything and it seems they have a reason to be?  Gray, our scared dog, horrified of everything, has had the worst luck.  When we first moved here, his retractable leash "chased" him into the mouth of a bigger dog and he had to take meds for the teeth marks in his sides because of it.  I felt so bad after that incident, and we no longer used retractable leashes.

He also hates shots more than any dog I have ever met.  He screams.  I mean, it sounds like screeching tires with a little bit of little girl scream with some kind of horrible pain scream you hear in horror movies.  That is my dog.  Sorry, anyone within a quarter mile radius, I'm pretty sure you heard him this morning.

His fear of the vet and shots wouldn't be so bad if he only required one shot.  But he is allergic to one of them, so he gets an anti-inflammatory shot before hand.  So, one shot.  Wait fifteen minutes.  Get two shots.  Go home.

And today, about an hour later.... another shot!

My little gray boy is usually pretty chubby, but his face started growing again.  He started to look like a bull dog.  The first picture is just as he started to swell.  The second is on the way to the vet for the second time today.  What an expensive dog!  But I'm so glad he's okay!


 My little bull dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment