Saturday, September 29, 2012

The New Exterior

Tuesday morning, I went for a later and longer run than usual.  Normally, I'm done running before 7 AM, but this Tuesday, I slept until almost 7 to take advantage of my one morning off of the week and not have to worry about running in the dark.  This meant I was getting home around 8 AM.  I came home and went directly to the fridge where I got a glass of ice cold water before doing anything else. 
As I stood at my counter, stretching my legs in all sorts of different ways, I heard noise in the front yard.  Mildly curious about what the neighbors could possibly be doing, I peaked out of the window.  There was the local tree service, grinding up a stump in our front yard.


So I went out to greet him, in post run sweaty clothes and messy hair.  Then I called Jim to have him come home and tell the tree-man where the trees were supposed to go.  So now, we have two cute little trees in our yard.
Since we moved here a little over 3 years ago, the exterior of our house has gotten new siding, seamless gutters, new flower beds, new trees, a railing  and new mailbox (the mail box because some punk kid knocked our first one off).
So here is the before picture..

And here is the exterior after our walk today.

From my computer it looks really crazy... I took the picture with my phone.  I'll see after it is posted if it still looks insane.  The siding is a light gray.  No more flower planters on the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment