Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Before and After: Kitchen

A few years ago in late January, Jim and I got in the car and drove to Ogallala to look at houses.  It was a snowy day and we were late for all of our appointments.  We got a home loan from the local bank and had a small list of houses to look at it. 
It had been a few weeks since Jim's initial interview, so the researcher in me had been looking at houses every free moment I had.  I had loved a particular house in our price range above the rest so I made sure it was on the appointment list.  To make that house better, the day before we headed out I got a call from our realtor that it dropped TWENTY THOUSAND dollars.
So the first house we saw was the one I liked online.  I still liked it in real life, but knowing you can't choose the first house you see, we went to the rest of the appointments.  By the end of the day, however, we made an offer on the original house.  This house.
While I loved the house, I also had plans for it.  Like a burgundy kitchen to match my burgundy and black plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment