Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rendezvous Recap

So, as I've said a few times, this is my favorite time of year in Ogallala.  I usually am absolutely in love with the Indian Summer Rendezvous.  This year wasn't much different and I completely embraced it, participating in as many activities as I could.
Thursday night we went to the opening ceremonies, where Minute-to-win-it games were played.  I'm sure most people know what that is... the TV show where people are challenged to do weird things in a minute or less.  I volunteered enthusiastically, hoping to win the grand prize of $200 in local "cash" (you can spend it at local businesses). 
I was first challenged to retrieve two pennies from the toes of panty hose, using only one hand in each leg.  Being a woodwinds player, I worked the magic fingers to beat it in record time (ha!). 





Two gentleman looked like they practiced another challenge at home... using a dry noodle to move pop cans from one table to another. 
Then all of us "winners" had to turn touch lights off by hitting them with bean bags, but if you hit them twice they turn back on.  I failed pretty miserably at that.
But I won a $25 gift card to the local jewelry store.  Of all the stores in town, I have no idea what I could get there for $25. 
Anyway.
Friday night, we watched a great bluegrass "trio" (made up of 4 guys... and a 5th guy sitting in). 
Saturday, I went on a long run and ran the opposite direction of a 5K that I found out later I could have placed really high in (bummer!).  We also went to the car show and drooled over old cars (my dad was always into old cars so I have a slight appreciation.  I want a Roadrunner.  But I would accept any other muscle car if someone so chose to give me one).  I played with some puppies being given away out of the back of a truck.  We went to the Mansion on the Hill, this historical building we have always wanted to see but never went in until this year because it's free with your Rendezvous badge.


We were invited to a wedding in the evening, which was beautiful and wonderful and sweet.
We caught the tail end of the Victory Underground Band, a family band of a dad and two sons playing some rock and roll together.  Then, we listened to a total of three songs from the main act.  I loved the band, but they were too loud for me and...
I have a cold.  So staying up late in a tent wasn't my idea of a good idea.  I can't complain about feeling sick or tired, since Shannon shared that Bob basically hasn't slept this weekend with the concerts and what not and I wasn't in charge of anything at the wedding.  I also didn't do anything yard work related all weekend long.  With a scratchy throat as an excuse, I napped most of today and took a nap Saturday.

I had a great weekend, sore throat and all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment