Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My New Favorite Place


The subject of this photo wishes to remain anonymous and suggested his own alias.  Dad, I mean "Simon", is pictured here enjoying his burger at the new burger joint here in Ogallala, the Open Range Grill.  I have been itching to go since they opened, hearing some good reviews on the quality of food and rumors about the kind of food they serve, all of which are true. 
The meat is local, open range, 100% natural no-hormone beef.  That makes this girl pretty happy.  Not to mention the slices of cheese that come directly off the organic cheese blocks instead of sandwich cheese slices.  That and it's all absolutely delicious.  I am a little concerned but nonetheless a little curious to try the "Goober" a burger whose first ingredient is peanut butter.  But tonight, I had a "Gomorah", with more traditional ingredients like mushrooms, smoked cheddar and bacon.  I didn't try the bun, but it has Jim's seal of approval.  And the homemade french fries made "Simon" happy as well.
I noticed a lot of things that I liked at this restaurant that I may have never noticed or cared about two years ago. Not only is the food no-hormone beef and organic ingredients (with the occassional bad-for-you that makes it worth going for Jim), they offered a more earth-friendly alternative to most things you see in the typical restaurant.
So the food was delicious, the atmosphere was great and it represented some things I feel good about.  I do plan on waiting for a while before we go again because it still has "new restaurant disease" where there are too many people and the food is slower than it will be later, and because we are doing a "no spend" January (don't worry, I will explain that one in a later blog).  Locals, check this place out.  Not locals, come visit and I'll take you here!
And as for "Simon", he came today and might be leaving as early as tomorrow morning.  We just never know now that Dad "Simon" retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment