Friday, December 30, 2011

You Are What You Eat

Tonight, Jim and I went on our big grocery trip for next month.  As we moved down the aisles, I thought about how often I've been asked about my "diet".  It's hard to explain to people, since it's not really a "diet", but more of a lifestyle change. 
But in an attempt to explain a little better, I thought sharing a picture of one of the most personal places in the house-- the fridge-- would be a good start.
So here is the tour of what I eat on a monthly basis.  Obviously, not everything I eat is in the fridge.  But, you get the idea.
My food "philosophy" is pretty straight forward.  Make the best choice in the situation you've been given.  So, we have cage-free eggs instead of regular eggs.  We have fresh ground peanut butter instead of regular.  We have homemade jam and more fruits and veggies than anything else.  I have pita pockets instead of bread, a block of organic cheese for those pita pockets.  Yogurt, almond milk, nuts...
And, dinner just got done.  Sweet Potato Dumplings in Turkey Casserole.  The recipe is found here, at Whole Foods.  And while I can go on and on about food, I am starving.
So, for now, goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment