Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Long Time Coming.

Long, long ago (as in... summer of last year), I saw some jeans I loved.  Silver Jeans were kind of my brand.  I have since moved on from being Silver specific.  Anyway, at the Clothing Closet (a shop here in town run by one of the nicest and cutest ladies I know), I found the most beautiful pair of jeans I've ever seen.  Yes, beautiful.  Silver's are known for having their "S" on the butt pockets , designed differently for each style of jean.  Usually, it's just an "S", maybe a little ratty on the edges, or with different colored thread, or in recent times, with a little bit of "bling" on it.  Well, these were different.  The S was kind of ornate, with a vine and leaf-ish print.
Unfortunately, when I found these jeans they were available in one size.  One inch smaller than my waist.  They were squeeze-in-able, but for the price I would have to pay I wasn't going to settle.  So, every couple of months until December, I would go to her shop and try these jeans on, hoping that I might have just accidentally lost an extra inch, and leave empty handed, slowly laying the jeans down again and secretly hoping no one would buy them.  Eventually, they were no longer on the shelf and I resigned to the fact that I would never wear those jeans.
Until TODAY!  I happened to be browsing at Repeat Boutique, a consignment shop a few doors down, when I saw them.  The same jeans, but an inch bigger in the waist.  I tried them on, did the happy-dressing-room-dance (what? You don't have one of those?) when they fit perfectly, and bought them... for less than a quarter of the price.  Nothing at all against the Clothing Closet, but sweet deal!

Nothing too exciting happening in the Parrish household at the moment.  Today was my day off and I spent most of it running errands, cleaning, and basically just being around the house.  I am looking forward to visiting my folks and my aunt Sue on Saturday in Salt Lake City.  I am excited to run in the area, though not sure what to do, since we're kind of downtown... there are a couple of trails I might try to find.  More excited to run in Colorado on Thursday-Saturday of next week, since an aerial view showed a lengthy trail really close to Lezlie's house (Jim's older sister, if you were curious). 

On to the rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment