Monday, November 5, 2012

Mi Ranchito en Noviembre

I think that's how you spell November in Spanish... it's been a couple years since I was in a Spanish class.

On Saturday, my husband and I went to Mi Ranchito for dinner.  If I don’t go there once every couple of months I start missing it and it had been too long.  I get Tacos El Carbon, no tortillas, beef.  The new location for this restaurant is so nice, with it’s brightly colored tables and chairs.  It is so nice to find good Mexican food close to home.  Growing up, Mexican scared me so the closest I got was Taco Johns drive through, and even then, I was the kind of kid that got two soft shell tortillas, nothing in them, and potato ole’s…. about as un-Mexican as you can get.  Funny how I have come around to now eating everything from this Mexican place except the tortillas, and I wouldn’t touch a potato ole now.  
 (Yes, my husband and I check our phones at dinner.  Eek! We've been found out!)
We have decided that if Mi Ranchito ever wanted to do TV ads, we’d have them covered.  Our little Chihuahua, who walked to work with me Saturday and sat at my desk while I helped customers for an hour, would be a great addition to a Mexican restaurant commercial, don’t you think?  “Yo Queiro Mi Ranchito!”

See? Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment