Sunday, November 18, 2012

Salt Lake City

I'm here!  I'm hoping to sneak a picture of the people I'm visiting, as opposed to a shadow picture.  But, this is what I have been seeing a lot of today.  We've been driving around Salt Lake City, shopping in Target and Sears.  For lunch we had Wendy's and for dinner, I made some fancy grilled cheese sandwiches and organic tomato soup.  So, as you can see, we've been adventurous.

I was so excited to run outside tomorrow, until we drove the route I had carefully mapped out.  Steep. Up.  Hill.  And the other way?  Downtown craziness.  So, my plan of attack-- a free run at a local gym.  This is one of those times I'm glad I am cool with the treadmill.  Then, this afternoon, when the old folks (that's what they call themselves) are tired after lunch, I will go for a super short, "comfort" run.  Maybe a mile, tops.  See how I feel out in the real world.  If I feel like crying by the end, or if I get lost, I'll just be a gym rat until Denver.  In Denver I am totally stoked for the trail near Lezlie's house and I'm hoping to be pulling out some major miles there.
Anyway, other than seeing my aunt for the first time in 5 years (I forgot that my cousin married after I did and we saw her at the wedding), the highlight of this trip is not one but two walks with my dad.  In the morning, I needed to burn some plane energy off, so we meandered for a couple of miles around town.  We found the local farmers market style grocery store and bought a couple snacks.  Later, we walked to the same grocery store and bought more goodies for dinner.  The best goodie we found was White Chocolate Nutmeg Almonds.  Oh.  My.  Yummy.
Sorry this is so disjointed.  I'm completely enthralled with Wipe Out on the TV right now and having a hard time concentrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment