Monday, December 10, 2012

Busy December Sunday

My favorite holiday party is the adult Christmas party for our church.  It hosts the biggest white elephant party I've ever attended... every year.  This year, 64 people participated.  Jim and I walked out with a candy bouquet for his desk and some peach butter for home.  Not going to lie... I was stoked about this.  As I am moving more towards a stuff-less lifestyle, perishable goods is the way to go.

Other than the party, we had the Nelson's over for taco soup (which was a raving success by my husband.  I may have finally talked him out of having canned soups if I make him this and a couple others once a month.  So, it was great to have the Nelson's over and catch up with our short-term neighbors, who are now country-dwellers again.  And it was also great to get my husband a step in a healthier direction.

If you notice the right side of this picture, Shane is using the garbage sack for the wrapping paper as a way to handle his anxiety.  Okay, he's just blowing it up.  But kind of funny, anyway.
Look at this closely... Bonnie is peaking over her gift as she decides and looks so cute!
Pastor handing out a gift
And David was naughty and took a nap with me on the couch... as did Rory (you can see her nose on the bottom of the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment