Saturday, December 22, 2012

Preparations

This weekend and early next week will consist of me playing hostess.  I'm not exactly the best hostess, though my sister-in-law made a very sweet comment about how well I did Easter this past year. 
So I've been preparing.  A few cleaning errands today, a little bit of baking last night.
Homemade peanut butter cups:)

I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of this blog challenge.  I've kind of gotten used to thinking about life in a "what can I take a picture of" sort of way.  

One thing I did take a picture of today was a finished art project.  The keys inside are from my first clarinet, which happened to belong to my Aunt Sue.  The box was made by my dad for jewelry when I was in high school and I didn't think to put the two together until a few days ago.  I like it a lot!


But with a new year, comes a new blog.  This one is more definite, because moving over to a new blog is always a little more difficult, and you have to wonder how many people keep reading after you've moved on.  Since I'm not doing this for a lot of readers, it doesn't really matter, I suppose, but it's a little difficult, anyway.

My new blog, that I will be starting around the first of the year, is http://kristinparrish.blogspot.com/
I know, really creative title, right?

That's okay.

I'm continuing blogging because my mom might actually start following and because I would like to actually talk about some things that matter more frequently, instead of "look at this picture of my dog".  It'll be about simple living, Christian living, being a wife, that sort of stuff.  So, if you want to keep following my boring little life, consider this a warm invitation. 

And... look at this picture of my dog.




I will have a post tonight when my parents arrive and one final goodbye tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment