Thursday, December 13, 2012

Proud Teacher

Tuesday night, right after lessons, I jumped in the car with my husband and drove to Arthur to watch my flute student, Brenna, perform at her Christmas concert.  She and I had been working on a flute solo version of "Believe" from the Polar Express.  She also played lead in a trio and had a solo with the band, as well as singing with the choir.  It was a really small group of kids performing their hearts out at a little concert.  I think we were the only ones not from Arthur at the concert, but it was a lot of fun to see her perform.  She did everything I suggested-- from taking a step to the side of the stand to bow, making sure to smile, making sure to tap her foot to the beat even if she was confident in the beat (to be safe), looking happy to be performing during rests... you know, standard, you are on the stage type stuff.



And because he just doesn't seem to get a lot of attention on this blog, our Gray, all tucked in and cute.

We're getting to the end of this blog.  Two weeks and you all will be without my photo updates.  Aw... that's okay, I have a new blog in the works.  Won't be nearly as exciting, just try to keep it up for people like my mom who is just now joining the blogging scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment