Monday, December 17, 2012

Pie and Tea

Jim's birthday is today.  This weekend, we celebrated first by going to The Hobbit Friday night (more on that in a later post), then by eating at Homemade Heaven on Saturday.  The eating out part mainly happened because we had to pick up a Strawberry pie from her that Jim ordered previously.
Because he didn't want to be without his annual lemon meringue pie, I also made one of those.  Unfortunately, my meringue didn't quite make it this year.  That's alright, still tasted awesome.  But, you won't be seeing a picture of that particular pie.
 Homemade Heaven made this beauty of a Strawberry Pie.  Jim has most of this already gone and close to half of the lemon meringue as well. The lady was so sweet when giving it to him, too.  Very happy to help on his birthday.

This is my usual drink at the Lampstand... a Sugar Free Vanilla Chai in Soy Milk.  Yes, I am one of THOSE people.  I recently discovered I have somewhat of an aversion to dairy products.  It's not a big deal, I won't die if I drink it, but avoiding it has made life a little more enjoyable.  And, the sugar free is kind of self explanatory.  My drink at the Lampstand is one of the few "treats" I allow myself weekly (sometimes more than once weekly).
It's times like these that I love to gloat about our local businesses.  A beautifully made pie, just for my sweet husband on his 27th birthday and delivered from a sweet lady who was so excited to show him.  And then a Monday afternoon hot drink to warm myself up.  Kendra at the Lampstand has been such a wonderful addition to downtown.  Heather is so sweet and they both treat me so well every time I come in.  Today, she even stopped herself after making my drink to realize it wasn't in soy milk and started over just for me.  What a sweet thing to do!
So, Kendra, though you don't read my blog, I really appreciate you  not only keeping me warm and happy with Chai, but also for the performing opportunities for my students and I and all the great Paninis, salads and soups I have enjoyed at your establishment.  You and Heather ROCK!



1 comment:

  1. Just by the title of this post I could tell it was worth reading.

    ReplyDelete