Saturday, February 11, 2012

Productivity

As I've mentioned, my boss, Bob, has been on a missions trip to India for the past week.  He will be returning tomorrow to his excited wife and maybe to the store on Monday or Tuesday.  His blog and the topics discussed in it made me feel a little silly writing in mine.  It's not like I hit a lot of life altering points when I'm discussing shampoo, at least not to the severity of Bob's recent post on our all knowing God planting his medical mission exactly where it needed to be to help a little boy.

So, a combination of extra time at the shop and not having anything really interesting to talk about held me up.

I really like my job and I don't mind for a second taking on extra hours.  I'm one of those people who actually enjoy coming into the store even on my days off just to see how things are going.  I even kind of liked the responsibility of having to open the store every morning and the knowledge that there wasn't someone readily available to make executive decisions for me (not that I made any executive decisions... except when I sold the store to this one guy... should have left a note for Bob on that one...).


So this week has been busy, not only with extra hours but in learning and other things.

One thing I learned this week is that I tend to be more productive when I have less time.  The house takes a lot less time to clean when I only have a half an hour to do it.  I want to make meals that take a long time to prepare because it's become somewhat therapeutic to stand in my kitchen preparing meals.  I somehow find time to walk dogs and stop looking at facebook as often and my to-do lists are checked off quickly.

So this week, I learned that I should keep myself busy to get everything done.
I was able to make a healthy deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie (no sugar, no gluten... I have no idea what other people thought of it at the date night social, but I loved it since I could eat it [I'm not eating white sugar]).  I used chocolate covered katies recipe (google her, she's pretty great), except I used dates instead of brown sugar.


And David and I got some much needed tug of war time in.

I also researched our summer vacation and all sorts of extras that are normally on the "to-do someday" pile.


1 comment: