Monday, February 20, 2012

Things Change

Dear Joan,

Your whole family visited your grave yesterday.  All of your children and their children and your husband.  We braved the cold wind for just a few minutes to praise God for the time you were here.  Stan said a few words to you, too.

A lot has changed since you were last here.  It's been a whole year so of course it's to be expected.  In our house, David is full grown now.  I make all of our food homemade and as organic as possible.  I run a lot more and have a few more students.  Jim is going to China and Japan really soon for work.  We are still really happy.  

 Lezlie is a happy mama to your youngest visitor yesterday.  Jonathan Luke Derber.  She is focusing on raising him with all of her strength and she is a great mother and I know exactly where she got it. 
Can you believe those are your nephews? So big now and playing cowboys.  One of them is wearing Jim's old cowboy hat. 
Gail is in college now and doing so well.  She's really active with Campus Crusades and seems to be really enjoying college life.  Last year, she hadn't even graduated from high school yet.  Now she is on her own and all grown up.

Things keep moving and changing even though you are gone.  We all think of you often.  I don't know what Heaven is like but I know you are enjoying every second of it.

Can't wait to join you,
Your daughter-in-law
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing you and your family on Sunday. I wish I could have chatted longer. I always feel a little distracted on Sunday mornings. :)
    But I realized what time of the year it was and how bittersweet it was for everyone to come home. I can't believe it's been a year.

    ReplyDelete