Thursday, February 23, 2012

Organization


You could call me an organization freak and it wouldn't bum me out.

My free time is opening up since Jim will soon be out of the country and I was looking for a way to fill it when I found a Do-It-Yourself tutorial online that got me so excited I finished the project early.  So much for keeping myself busy with this one while Jim's gone.  I'm sure I'll find something else to do.  Friends, I may be calling you to hang out in the next couple of weeks.

My music room is where I spend a majority of my time and the majority of our visitors spend their time.  Most of our visitors are my students, afterall.  This leads to two contrasting situations; it's the messiest room in the house and I want the house to look clean for my students.  So, the music room must remain "clean".  I keep a tight ship around here and our house is pretty clean and clutter free most of the time but the music room gets papers and music and notes and reminders and bills and instruments and tuners and markers and reeds...
So, when a student is about to come and I realize I have a bunch of stuff floating around, the drawers become my hiding place.  My dirty little secret in housekeeping, I suppose.

*Cringe*.  This is the worst place in my house.  Well, it was until today, anyway.

I made homemade drawer organizers for not only this drawer, but 5 others (even the underwear drawer!).  This whole project cost $8.99, plus a misguided purchase of ribbon for $1.62.  I didn't need the ribbon.

Two foam core boards from Alco, a sharp knife, my kitchen cutting board, measuring tape and a little scotch tape turned into...
This little project has revolutionized my life (at least for the next few days).  I love it.  Simple.  Cheap.  Everything is in it's place and can't be tossed around.  I am living in an organizers paradise.  The drawers I skipped might get this treatment soon, too, because it's just so AWESOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment