Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Package Day

I love getting mail.  It's become an exciting part of every day for my whole family.  We come home for a quick lunch and to feed the dogs.  We let the dogs in from the back yard and they go straight for the front door.  I slowly open the door and look for passers-by (I want to make sure there isn't someone readily accessible for David to clobber).  I open the door and it's like an explosion of puppies and excitement roaming the front yard.  I run to the mailbox and within seconds we are all back inside. 
Today was the best kind of mail day because we got packages.  I love getting packages.  Even when I know they will be there, I get excited seeing them.  It was replace time here in the Parrish household for a few key items.
For one, my beautiful purple yoga mat is leaving cute little crumbs on the floor, on my clothes, in my hair, and they magically end up all over the house.  So it was time to replace the poor mat that has done many months of service.  Another was to restock toiletrees-- today the biggest bottle of face wash known to man showed up on my door.  Seriously, I don't think I will ever run out.
And last but not least (in excitement or expense) is the Ninja. 
I have been getting a lot more serious about home cooking absolutely everything and a good blender and food processor are important factors to that.  Since my current food processor was a dollar store buy from when we first got married and is not even big enough for small tasks and my blender is just not as blender-like as it used to be, it was time to upgrade.

After many reviews and videos and tech sheets later, I chose the Ninja Pro for my blender/chopper needs.  It came with extra canisters.  It has lots of blades.  And added bonus, I can honestly tell visitors to be on guard-- I have a Ninja in my kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment