Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Notebook(s)

I have a deep appreciation for pretty, unused notebooks.  I have grand notions of filling them with well thought out sentences on profound topics in a beautiful handwriting.  Fear of ruining beautiful notebooks with my sporadically slovenly handwriting or by simply saying something stupid keeps me from using them often times.
But when I found a set of pretty little notebooks in the Lampstand for a reasonable price the other day, I couldn't resist.  The best part of these little notebooks is they each serve a purpose.  A prayer journal, a sermon notes journal and a personal journal.  The personal journal has yet to be touched, which is why it isn't in the picture.  I did however use the sermon note's journal during the worship service and have been utilizing the prayer journal this week.
Before I was introduced to learning multiple instruments in the 8th grade, with that solidifying my decision to focus on music, I thought I might like to be a writer.  As an only child in the middle of the country, I spent countless hours entertaining myself.  I'm sure to the outside world I looked like a nut case, walking around my llama field telling myself stories.  In my early education, writing stories was something I was known for being "good" at.  Of course, in elementary grades it doesn't take much to write a story and grammar isn't too particular.
Even as late as my last year in high school, when I decided to duel enroll with a local university, writing in some capacity was in the back of my mind.  I planned on minoring in writing to fill the extra hours to complete my degree.  That was until English 101.  MLA format can beat the desire to write anything out of someone, especially when you aren't that good at it.
Now, I don't claim to be a good writer.  I have since realized that my talents are found elsewhere, if I do indeed have talents that is!  I do enjoy it, still.  I guess that's why I like to blog.  Added bonus, I don't have to mess up a blog with sloppy handwriting or poorly worded sentences!

No comments:

Post a Comment