Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lunch


Happy Valentine's Day!  I know there are a lot of varying opinions on this holiday. Some of my dear friends are not at all in favor of celebrating this day and they make some valid points.
But, much like St. Patrick's Day, I kind of enjoy Valentine's Day for the change of pace.  I like walking into stores to be greeted by flowers, stuffed animals and hearts.  I like seeing men walk to their cars with a dozen roses.  I like waiting for a seat at the Golden Village along with other couples on lunch dates.
Sure beats a normal day.
I don't need flowers or romantic gestures specifically because it's Valentine's Day because I've been blessed with a pretty romantic fella'.  But I enjoyed our lunch date and watching the other lunch daters.  Jim kept count of how many he overheard who ordered my meal -- I think he thinks it's gross.  There were quite a few of us eating Tofu and Vegetables for lunch today, though, so he was proven incorrect.  I reminded him that I'm pretty cool, so of course what I order is going to be popular.  Ha.

Of course, I'm feeling a lightness of spirit today which could account for my positive view on all the Valentine's Day festivities.  I'm just very content.  I couldn't help but smile at the stuffed teddy's at Pamida, or the guy buying a bracelet for his girlfriend.  I couldn't help but be chatty at the checkout counter when I bought my new hat (yup, Shannon--I bought it!).  It's just an overall good, spring feeling day.

So I hope you feel the same today, Valentine's Day or not!

1 comment:

  1. Any excuse is good enough for doing something special; Valentine's day included. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete