Saturday, August 4, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 11: Faceless Self Portrait




The top picture finishes the challenge for the day.  The bright green shorts and bright blue shoes/top is what I typically wear at a race because it's some of my cute running attire.  Since today was Jim's first triathlon, I wore my race gear in case he needed a running companion.
These pictures are not in order but I'm too lazy to switch them.  Jim did very well in all three events, especially in the bike (his best event and he beat everyone in his age group by minutes).  Gail, Jim's little sister, and I watched him swim, then ran to the car and parked at the north side of town to watch him bike, then back downtown to watch him run. 
I was supposed to be ready to run with him, but when we got to our meeting point, it just so happened that Jim was already running by.  So I hastily stopped the car, jumped out and sprinted after him with a kleenex (he said his nose was stuffy while he passed us biking).  He was already a couple blocks ahead of me so I was having to go pretty fast to catch up.  I also dropped the kleenex once and had to chase it the wrong way down the street.  I then ran with him for a little while.  Found Gail again, poor girl abandoned at my car, and we rushed to the finish line to cheer him across. 
He got third in his age group and a good time of 1:38.  I was impressed and exhausted from just watching him (and taking off after him). 
We then went to the lake with Gail where we had a picnic lunch and played in the sand... then got the car stuck in it.  After calling Bob to come rescue us, which I tried to avoid since he was working, someone happened to come along and save us.  It took us a while to navigate out of the area without getting stuck again but we made it. 
The rest of the evening will consist of watching movies, making dinner (Asian Glazed Chicken!) and spending time with my awesome sister-in-law and my triathlete.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Raw Desserts: Life Is Sweet RawTM (The Holistic Health Nurse Series)

    Just got this on Amazon for my Kindle. Thought you might like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete