Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Picture Challenge Day 18: Black and White

I first want to apologize for the lack of blogging I've been doing lately.  This picture challenge thing really didn't help anything.  I thought it would give me more to blog about but really I just get annoyed because I can't think of what I want to blog about that has "sky" or that is "inspiring".  So, I avoid it and now my numbers are all off and at some point I will have to play catch up.  Good thing life in a small town is pretty exciting so I have plenty of opportunities to get pictures caught up.
Well, I have a road bike to join my husband on his rides.  I actually went slower on it yesterday than I normally do on the mountain bike.  I am absolutely horrified of it.  The first thing I did on this bike was fall trying to get off.  I'm still not the greatest at dismounting, which scares me because if I need to stop in an emergency situation it is going to inevitably end with me in a pile on the ground and possibly a bent up bike.  I'm worried this may not have been the best purchase.
I practiced yesterday and seem to be getting better at the whole stopping thing, but I'm still going pretty slow.  I'm a chicken and going fast it kind of scary.
Here is the new bike

This week is going to be a busy one.  Band season has started, so we are busy at the shop and with Luis gone for another week it means more time at the store for me.  I also have a new student starting and a new schedule for lessons.  And, our yard is at the ugliest stage of being redone, the part that means we are closer to the done side of the project but the part I want to hurry through because it looks like we are ripping up our yard pretty bad.  If I haven't mentioned it, we are re-doing our flower beds.

Mary Jane moved in across the street for a couple of months.  She has stopped by a couple of times in the evening to say "hi".  It's nice to have a neighbor from church and a good friend across the street, even if we are all too busy to do anything about it right now.  When the yard is over (ha! As if I would be lucky enough for yard work to ever be over!) I will have more time.

As for black and white, here is a picture of me, black and white, preparing to get on the scary new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment