Thursday, August 9, 2012

Picture Challenge Day 14: 5 Facts About Me


Most of these you will already know if you read this blog, and you will most likely know the others if you know me at all.

1. I'm married to my best friend, high school sweetheart and love of my life.  We've been married a little over 5 1/2 years and I have loved every minute of it.  He picked the ring out himself and the one time I thought I had lost it was the worst few hours of my life.
2. I like to exercise.  I like to run.  This is the charm Danielle gave me when she ran the full marathon (sorry I had half written in there, Danielle!  I just cut your work in half and didn't mean to!).  I wear it on my bracelet I got while we were in Ireland.  This bracelet is now a representation of my favorite vacation and place and my favorite past time and reminds me of my dear friend.  It kind of also represents my whole lifestyle... exercising, eating healthy, taking care of my body and mind.
3. I like to be organized.  Almost every drawer in my house looks like this one.  I became somewhat obsessive about organization and now my life is so much easier because of it.

4. I play a few instruments.  I don't like to list my instruments because someone who plays more than me will think I'm bragging and then feel very superior because they play more than I do.  This is just a part of who I am.  Pictured are my flutes, oboe, soprano sax, alto sax, tenor sax, accordion and guitar (and my tackle box with reeds and mouthpieces in it... I call it my "bass" [like the guitar, not the fish] box, because I'm cheesy like that).  My clarinet wasn't in the picture somehow and a few other instruments don't go in the closet.  I love music... I love teaching it, performing it and writing it.  It is my passion.
5. I love my puppies.  I never thought I would post a picture of me about to go to sleep. Since Jim and I don't have children yet, our dogs are kind of our kids.  They never cease to make me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment