Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Picture Challenge Day 21: In Motion

Well, we're finally in the final few pictures of this horrid idea to do a picture challenge.  After this challenge is over it will be the perfect time to start introducing my out-of-town readers to my little town, as we will be approaching Indian Summer Rendezvous time, my favorite time of year here in our little town.  There is an arts and crafts show, food venders (most I can't get myself to try because they aren't of the healthy persuasion), a few concerts in a big tent in our parking lot for the downtown businesses and all around just fun atmosphere. 
This time of year at the store time goes by quickly as I enter contracts on top of my normal office duties.  I like being busy at the store and the challenge of always having something to do.  I think I have done my last "showing" of the year (going to schools to rent out instruments) and they are always fun.  My showing from last night was different than any I had ever done, because it seemed like everyone was skeptical of renting, so I felt like I had to really put on my best "salesman" face to get them to rent.  I'm not a very good salesperson, but we did get a few in the end.  And I got to meet the new band director for that school, which is always a plus when you are answering the phone at the store.
Things at home have also been pretty busy.  Lessons are still at full capacity and we are still working on our yard.  In the next couple of months we are looking at putting landscaping wood around our flower beds (our large ones are left to do yet), putting down "roof rock" in the flower beds, removing the dead tree in the front yard and planting two new Heritage Oak trees.  We are also hoping to get the front yard seeded and the back yard, which is now completely dead, at least raked up to be ready for planting in the spring.
I've also been working with goodies my gardening friends have been giving me.  Rachel has been providing a slow and steady stream of cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes.  I've been making pasta sauce with the tomatoes, some onions from the farmers market and fresh basil from Analisa.  I've also been cutting up the cucumbers and zucchini to freeze and use.  The thinner strips are for vegetarian california rolls, the chunks for zucchini are frozen for fall chilli, the thicker strips are for Jim's favorite fridge pickles and the coins are for an Italian casserole.

Mary Jane provided us with the largest watermelon I have ever seen and another watermelon on the side.  We have been eating through our Colorado peaches without doing anything but washing them off before we dive in.  I'm a bit addicted to peaches.  Just a little.  Only a three times a day habit.  Shouldn't be hard to break when peaches are no longer in season and they aren't drip-down-your-chin-good anymore, right?
Tonight, we went to the local band expo night.  As an active member of the band boosters I get to come support the kids in these things.  So, for my in motion shot, a little bit of marching madness for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment