Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 9 : Flowers

This picture doesn't make it look all that bad, actually.  If it looked this good in real life we wouldn't be worried about it.  But as it stands our yard is pretty disgusting.  So when flowers was the next subject for this photo challenge I knew exactly what I needed to talk about.
I hate yard work with a passion.  I would rather shave my head and eat my hair than pull weeds all day.  I hate it. 
So when grass started growing in our flower bed and weeds became more common than flowers and it looked generally disgusting, I wasn't too happy with the prospect of re-doing the areas.  But, in the next couple of weeks, we will be pulling up gravel, replacing fabric, putting down new gravel (unless someone has a great idea for cleaning dead plant stuff out of gravel because our ideas have not worked) and putting landscaping timber down.  I kind of hate myself for deciding to do this, especially since it's super hot and we are super busy.  I still think we should hire someone.

Anyway, that's my flower story.  Tomorrow, I will post again to tell you the adventures of today.  I give blood over my lunch break.  This will be my first attempt at blood donation.  So we'll see how this all goes.



1 comment:

  1. I always wondered if a shop vac would work to suck the dead plant stuff out of the rocks. :) If you try it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete