Friday, August 24, 2012

Picture Challenge: Trees

Well, this tree irritates the living day lights out of me (I don't even know if that's really how the saying goes).  It is dead.  It's pair, that was on the other side of our entrance to our home, died last year.  We cut it down and it is now a stump.  This tree needs to come down and we need to install new trees.  However, the main man for the main tree service here is ill and no one else will return my phone calls.  So, I might have to live with my dead tree and stupid stump for another year.  Even though we have been working a ton on our flower beds.  I'm hoping that eventually we will have a great looking yard so we don't embarrass our neighbors anymore!


These other pictures are more for Shannon than anyone else.  She has asked a couple of times what my smoothie recipes are.  But because I never follow a recipe exactly and just make things up a lot of the time, I have never given her a definite answer.
Here you go, Shannon.  Just know that I didn't measure anything exactly.
1 Handful frozen fruit of choice (this was a berry medley)
today I also added 1 peach, cut up
1 large dollop of yogurt of choice
fill up blender almost to top of fruit with water, so it blends easier.
1 "dash" of vanilla extract
I added a little too much water, so have a little more fruit showing for a thicker consistency.  I basically had a thick juice this morning.  But, it was delicious!

Last night we had the first showing I was a part of.  Because we got home so late, Bob asked me to stay home (probably so I wouldn't fall asleep at the computer at work!).  I have to admit, though, that this having a cloudy, rainy morning off thing is messing with my brain.  Hot chocolate sounds great, my book sounds great, staying inside sounds great...

1 comment:

  1. I just got a book on my Kindle called, "I heart Green Smoothies." By Katherine Stromick. I really like all the recipes I've seen in there, and they all include spinach or kale or something extra healthy. Maybe you would like to check it out, too!

    ReplyDelete