Thursday, August 16, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 16: Something Old

When I was in 4th grade I had to decide which instrument to choose in band.  Being in band wasn't a question-- of course I wanted to be in band, I just had no idea what I wanted to play.  I did two of the things that are often time discouraged-- first, I asked my best friend what she was going to play and decided on that.  Then, I was able to find a really old one to borrow from my aunt.
After a few months I broke the poor clarinet beyond repair.  A new clarinet was purchased and this one sat in a closet and I carried it for every move, had it in my locker in the music building at the college.  It was my first instrument.

I finally decided to do something with it and turned it into an art project.

The keys to my first clarinet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment