Saturday, August 18, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 17: Inspiring

 I don't know how inspiring this is, but I'm proud of it.  This morning, I got up super early (not as early as Jim!), rode my bike downtown and met Nikki to drive to Imperial.  I ran my first official 10K.  I had no idea what to expect time wise.  I've run the distance a ton of times at a ton of different speeds.  So today, I was hoping to make it across the finish line.  Even if it meant being last.
Turns out, I didn't have to worry about being last.  I came in first for my age group.  There were only a few people ahead of me.  I did it in a decent time, at a pace I'm happy with.  

Not nearly as impressive or inspiring as my husband who got third overall at his 100 mile bike ride!  I am so proud of him for getting to interested in his new hobby and being so healthy.  I love seeing him succeed so early on in his biking career.
 
To celebrate, I got a new road bike.  Okay, it wasn't to celebrate, it's in preparation for next year.  If I'm going to be joining him in biking across Nebraska (a goal of his), I need a good bike.  I love doing something my husband loves, even if it isn't my *favorite* sport.  The problem is, I can't get off the darned thing!  I biffed it in the parking lot at the store, then I didn't so well at home afterwards.  I will get it eventually.  Or we've just wasted some money...
pictures of the bike to come tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment