Saturday, June 23, 2012

Go, Go, Go!

In order to show my support for my husbands interest in biking, I am helping him raise the funds for his bike.  So, this morning, I got up at 4:30 for my run.  Normally I don't see 4:30 on Saturday mornings, but it was nice to run a long run and only see three vehicles the entire time.  I had a great per mile pace because I didn't have to stop for traffic.  After some weight training and a shower we packed up my car and went to the Harvoy's house to set up for her garage sale.  She already had customers, so we quickly set up my small table (that's right, I'm a garage sale crasher!).
I sold TWO bikes and a few other relatively big ticket items with very little haggling.  I was stoked!  Jim was $200 closer to his bike fund goal!
Jim wanted to go to North Platte to check out bikes and we needed a few NP specific items so as soon as I packed up my one sack full of remaining items and dropped off Rosie's tables at her house we took off down the road.  We spent a little time at the bike shop testing things out.  While there, a wife was buying her first racing bike and the husband was tempted to buy one himself.  When he overheard me getting on the "used bike" sell list, he got some more information.  He offered to drive through Ogallala on his way to Imperial to check out Jim's bike and would pay the price he was asking and even let Jim hold on to it while his other one came in.  So, we shopped rather quickly and came home.
I did a speed clean of the house in case they came in.  I do my best cleaning when I'm under pressure.  I somehow managed to do the basics (sweep, mop, vacuum, bathrooms, dishes, counters, dust) in a half hour.  I even got some organizing done before they came. 
He liked the bike and will be picking it up when the other comes in!  Yay for Jim, another $300 towards his bike purchase!  If you are wondering... yes, his bike is going to be pretty expensive... yikes.
So, a picture from the garage sale.  Rachel was very kind to let me join her garage sale, and I'm so glad to spend the time with her.  Her dog, Mat, was a big hit and I really enjoyed loving on him.  He made himself comfortable in all sorts of places around the driveway.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment