Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 1: Name




I ran into a snag of having a personal blog yesterday.  I love sharing what is going on in my life for old friends who don't live close by, sharing what my life is like to strangers (shout out to Stu!) and having conversations with locals about what I've written.
The problem I found was the normal Monday morning conversation.  I walk into the store and Bob asks "how was your weekend?"
"Good.  I sold THREE bikes on Saturday!"
"That's right, I read that on your blog!"
Oh yeah...the blog.  I sometimes forget that people read what I write and remember it.  I am running out of interesting things to say in every day life because I'm saying them here!
That's not really why I decided to do this, but I thought it would be kind of fun.  I've decided to do a photo challenge for the next month or so.  Above is the list.

Today is Day 1: Name
I was going to be creative and post a picture of a name of someone or something else that meant something to me, but frankly, I'm all out of creativity right now.  So, instead I just wrote my own.
My name is actually kind of cool in it's origins anyway.
My parents names are Jay and Kay (no joke).  So, if I were a boy, my name would have been Jake K-something.  Since I was a girl, my initials are KJ.  My middle name gets people confused with it's "y", but it's just the typical middle name "Jane" spelled to reflect my dad. 
Maybe it's my age-- I guess I'm in that age group that loves baby names-- but if we are blessed with children I know their names already and they reflect my parents idea of using initials.  But I'm not sharing these names in case someone likes them enough to use them before I get a chance.  I'm not afraid, though, I would name my kid the exact same thing anyway.  But, I'll just avoid the confusion early.

1 comment:

  1. :-) ! (haha) Thanks for the shout-out.

    Once you start thinking about baby names, I don't think there is a time when you ever stop. I doubt a lot of guys would admit this; I'm convinced it's true anyway. Any time I hear a different name I stop, even if for only a millisecond, and decide whether or not it would be a cool name for a new baby.

    All five of my kids' first names start with 'J'. Crazy, I know. The only pre-determined first name among them was my oldest daughter; she has my wife's middle name as her first name because I like it so much. But my wife picked our oldest son's first name and that started with a 'J' too. Once we got a few kids whose first name starts with 'J', we just decided to keep going with it.

    We reserved middle names for family names. I don't know if that's weird, but we stuck with that too.

    Don't feel bad about keeping your favorite baby names hidden. Those are state-secrets in my book. I'm also against surveying your friends for good baby name suggestions. That's just one thing you can't outsource. Just my opinion.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete