Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homemade Floor Cleaner.

Tonight, my focus was cleaning the house, a little more organization (more drawer organizers!) and trying to save money while cleaning.  I made some homemade floor cleaner.  Most people that read this have probably tried this or are doing it or really have no interest.  So me posting the "recipe" is probably pointless, but since it's quick I'll give it to you-- 1/2 C Vinegar and 1/4 C Lemon Juice to 1 gallon water.  I cut everything way back to fit in a 32 oz spray bottle (finished off a windex bottle a while back) so I could just spray and wipe.  Worked pretty well and the lemon took away the vinegar smell and my floors are shiny.  It doesn't work miracles, but for the long term, this is way cheaper than buying floor cleaner and I am not too worried about the dogs licking the floor... though that would make them messy again...

 I have laminate flooring, but my mom used a similar recipe on hardwood when I was growing up (but she used more vinegar... or didn't use lemon... I just remember the house stunk afterwards!). 

Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. This can definitely be helpful for people who want to find an effective homemade cleaning solution. Based on how your floor looks, it definitely works well! A little advice: you should vacuum or mop the floor to take away speck of dirt or debris that might be on the floor before applying the cleaning solution.


    @Tyler Perkins

    ReplyDelete