Friday, June 22, 2012

Week in Retrospect

Sorry, faithful readers, for not posting for a week.  I have made a few attempts but end up not finishing a post because something comes up.  Whoops.
On Monday night I was so stinking productive that I haven't felt bad about the relaxing evenings I have had since.  After work I re-did our budget (going percentages for a while), gave the dogs a bath, washed the cars, housed off the house, cleaned the interior of the house, made dinner, cleaned up after dinner, took a shower, wrote a blog post, did laundry, yoga and read some before falling asleep. 
On Tuesday of this week I went to the store in the afternoon and painted the lesson room.  It just happened to be a perfect equation... the room needed sprucing up +I have a lot of extra paint +I like to paint +Seth was willing to help+ I wanted something to do Tuesday afternoon = Fun painting day with Seth.  What a fun kid, he's got a great sense of humor.  He brought out a more morbid sense of humor in me (I think we joked about death 3 or 4 times!).
With that project done, the rest of my week became all about "the bike". 
(Picture above; Seth in our newly painted music room... with curtains on the wall!  Light blue walls, dark blue ceiling and dark blue curtains on the back.  It looks a lot nicer in person... hard to photograph...)

Jim has decided he wants a really nice racing bike.  To save you some reading time I'll just say I'm not thrilled with the idea for a lot of reasons, but I gave him a set of terms that I would agree to and he has agreed.  If he can raise the money (no pulling out of savings for stuff like this!) and wears his helmet every ride, he can get his new bike.  Because I want him to be happy (and don't want him to resent me for not letting him getting his bike when he wants), I'm helping him sell stuff to raise the money.  I will be at a garage sale tomorrow at the Harvoy's if anyone is interested.  I am also selling some of my things for his goal... which is perfectly fine as these are things I should have sold last year at our small garage sale. 
If anyone wants a cruiser bike with basket (burgundy bike brown basket), or a smaller frame adult mountain bike, I'm asking $50 each. 

Before I publish this I would like to ask my "regular readers" a question.  I am thinking of doing a couple of series of posts... one about our town by taking pictures of my favorite places as I visit them and another as a "photo challenge".  Would this bother anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment