Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 3: Shadow of Anything

This photo challenge is kicking my butt.  I thought it would be fun to try to find things every day to photograph.  Then the first thing was "name" and I had no idea how to picture it other than to write it first.  Original and artsy, right?  And following that an older picture of outdoors because the world is so dry right now outdoor pictures aren't that pretty.  So I decided I had to take a shadow picture for today and I ended up with two!
Last night, we went to the Twilight 5K and another Skunk Runners concert.  I PR'd at this race and got 3rd in my age group (which was really big this year-- 20-39!), which meant I won food this year.  Last year I got 2nd in a much smaller group of runners and was the only one that didn't get chocolate in my prize.  I got to listen to Danielle sing again and spend time with her.  Shannon cheered my on at the end of the race and it was so awesome to hear someone yelling my name.  Her voice and the fact that the girl who was about to pass me just had a baby a couple of months ago made my last "kick" that much faster.
This morning, I woke up and met Danielle for an 8-miler.  It was the worst 8 mile I have done in a long while.  There was some walking and a visit to a hotel to get ice.  Eventually, we made it back to her place, but it took a lot of energy.
She stayed for smoothies for breakfast and went on her way.  I fell asleep soon afterwards and woke up in time for Jim to talk me into biking to the Open Range for burgers.  Later, we went around town running important errands like picking up icecream left for us at the Helzer's house and picking up freezer bags so I can freeze bananas before they become completely useless.  Then, after some more computer time-wasting, I went in search of an evening shadow.
Jim and I ended up at the park where we thought a swing picture would be cute.  Then I got on the tire swing and Jim pushed me around.  I have decided it's good we do things like tire swings when we are little-- I was getting motion sickness!  It's so nice to take an evening walk with my husband and spend time with him.  I high recommend going to a park with your spouse and swinging for a while, or climbing on the jungle gym.  It's simple, free and fun entertainment with someone you love!

1 comment: