Monday, March 19, 2012

Chasing Leprechauns

Or at least, chasing a lot of green clad runners.

In support of the social action unit in Danielle's English class, I dawned a green running top (complete with thumb holes!  I am a thumb hole addict.) and green running shoes for the Leprechaun Chase 5K set by two students in her class.  Instead of running what would be my first 5K of the year, I decided to walk it.  Jim has not had an opportunity to train and I didn't want to leave him in the dust.  I was also sick and would hate to ruin my average at 5K's with what would be probably my slowest yet (okay, so I don't really care about averages but it's a good excuse).  So, we leashed up Rory and walked the route.

It was a really relaxing walk, even though Jim had to continuously blow his nose and I felt dry.  We got back home to decide it was probably too much and skipped out on the rest of the day.

But, unlike other races I've been to, it was the first I've seen color themed.  There were so few in anything but green that it was nice to see such a fun group of people.



No comments:

Post a Comment