Saturday, March 17, 2012

Skunk Runners

A couple of regularly mentioned people on this blog are in a band called the Platte Valley Skunk Runners.  They play primarily blue grass.  Danielle sings, plays guitar.  Bob sings and plays guitar and kazoo (yup, kazoo).  They also have a 16 year old who can play almost anything with strings on it and his uncle, who I'm pretty sure can play anything with strings on it.
Last weekend, as I awaited Jim's plane landing at DIA, I watched them among other performers.  This evening I got to watch them play at the Open Range.  I played a couple Irish tunes to get the crowd going.  Okay, that's a lie, I am pretty sure no one was listening at that point.  But, got to play Danny Boy on the flute and make it sound a bit more Irish than usual so that was kind of fun.
Because of my sore nose still being sore and Jim having hints of starting the same cold, we came home after only a few songs.  But it was fun to listen to them.
Another fun fact of the evening; Jim ate two whole meals.  He bought a burger with fries.  Ate it.  Bought another burger and fries and ate it.  And he says he's "comfortable" now.  It's like I don't feed him.

Oh, fun fact 2.  The gentleman with the beard... doesn't normally wear overalls.  Nor does he have a beard.  Or a hat like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment