Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little Red Nose

My husband loves summer.  He scoffs at those of us who would even consider moaning at a 90 degree day.  I am a spring girl, myself.  I prefer the more subdued temperatures of spring.  I would rather smell flowers as they begin to grow or rain showers than the lawn clippings and dry grass of summer.  I enjoy the new beginnings and hope that spring brings.  I enjoy the Holidays.  St Patrick's Day is my favorite "silly" holiday (it's right along the lines of Halloween and Valentines Day... celebrating for the sake of celebration, to me anyway).  I have loved Ireland since I was little and love it even more since Jim took me a couple years back.  I love Easter, too.  What it stands for.  Easter is the best holiday there is.
I haven't been able to enjoy this hint of spring weather we've had this week because with it came my first cold of the whole "school season".  I may be out of school, but I base my year on school anyway out of habit.  I haven't had as much as a sniffle since last summer and now, out comes the spring cold in full swing. 
So, with a slightly red and sore nose, I am finally on the mend today and use that as my excuse for not blogging for a while.  I skipped everything Thursday and spent the day reading and watching TV and napping.  I left work early Friday.  I still sound like a man on the phone, but I can definitely feel that I'm on the mend.  I'm not stuffed in my head anymore, I feel like part of the waking world again.
Which is good, because tonight I will be doing a little tin whistle for the Platte Valley Skunk Runners at the Open Range Grill.  I'm pretty excited.  This is my first tin whistle gig other than the "tip songs" I played one St. Patty's Day when I worked at Cold Stone.  I don't know if people were impressed or freaked out that this girl behind to counter whipped out this little, shrill sounding thing.
Jim has been home a full week and I can not believe how great it is to have him back.  Don't get me wrong, I knew it was going to be great.  But he has seriously been my champion this week.  I haven't cooked dinner since Monday night.  Jim has fed us, cleaned the house without question, drove me all the way to the lake on Thursday when I was feeling gross from being stuck inside all day.  He bought me a root beer float to have while I watched the sun go down over the lake from inside his car.  He took me to a movie last night, The Vow, a romance and snickered with me at the aw's and oo's around us when Channing Tatum (who is really good looking, don't get me wrong) did anything at all on screen. 
I am one blessed lady.  Every time I'm sick I remember that.  I have puppies who feel when I'm sick and love me to pieces because of it.  I have a husband who takes care of everything, bosses that send me home to get better, a running partner that is ok with me meeting at the half way point and panting pathetically the whole way and no doubt a bible study group who prayed for me when I didn't come on Thursday morning.

So, little red nose, thanks for reminding me of how much the Lord has given me.  And also, for reminding me how great it feels when you aren't so red and sore.  I appreciate the reminders very much.

But, I think I can remember until next year this time.  K?

No comments:

Post a Comment