Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 2

Today is day 2 of my mini vacation.  Though we woke up to a small snowstorm, I was able to get in a run in the afternoon.  The promised picture of what I saw on my run this morning will be first and foremost.

 Followed by a picture of my mom Saturday.  More on her later!  But isn't she just cute!
 Above is my great-niece (yikes, that makes me sound old!  I'm only 24!) and my niece at McDonalds for lunch today.  Not being a McDonalds regular, I ordered a fruit and walnut salad, expecting an actual salad with fruit and nuts in it.  I was really dissapointed to get just fruit and nuts, but I guess that's okay.
I still got my veggie intake for the day with an amazing batch of Sweet Potato Soup.  In case you are interested, I apologize that the picture isn't that appetizing, but it really is good, the recipe is so simple and so versatile you'll love it.

Today's rendition had:
1 Sweet Potato, skinned and cubed.
1 Yellow Zucchini, cubed
1 Green Zucchini, cubed
1/2 onion, cut up
2 cups frozen vegetable blend of choice
Pacifica Creamy Tomato Soup Box (basically, a can of tomato soup and a can of milk)
 Approximately 1 1/2 TBS of Cumin.

Most times I also add black beans and chunked tomato and call it chilli.  Add all ingredients to the crock pot and let it sit anywhere from 4-8 hours.  It's delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind me saying: just looking at those hills gives me altitude sickness. I don't blame you one bit for not running them. In fact - unless you're a mountain climber (or "mountain runner" I guess) running them seems out of the question. But of course I'm old and wimpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stu, Ha! I grew up in the mountains (not these particular mountains, but mountains) and I was not a runner until I became a flatlander. Pretty sure I never would have enjoyed running had I started with a literal uphill battle.

    It was fun to run towards them, though :)

    ReplyDelete