Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Trip So Far

Saturday evening, my sweet husband drove to Denver to drop me off at the airport.  We stayed at the Days Inn near DIA (It is NOT recommended, in case you were interested).  On the way to Denver, Jim requires that we eat at Carl's Jr. every time.  To be honest, it's not my favorite and never has been, but he doesn't ask much of me so Carl's Jr. it is.  They did, however, have a cute saying on their cups that some people will get a particular kick out of.  Think the Open Range Grill, St. Patrick's Day.

My parents picked me up bright and early at the Salt Lake City airport and we went right to work on a day of shopping.  You may not know this, but my mom is a major shopper but doesn't ever buy anything over $10.  We came home with a huge pile of clothes, some were mine, others were "Christmas gifts".  But we spent hours in Sears, Shopko, Target (I forgot how much I LOVE Target), Whole Foods and Maurices. 

The drive to their home is 4-5 hours across the Salt Flats and sage brush. 
 Funny story:  My mom bought a "mini banana tree" a couple years ago.  Doesn't look so little now, does it?  But it still doesn't produce any bananas, darn it!
 Lilla and Cola, Rory and Gray's mom and dad are part of the family here in Nevada.  They are about twice as big as our pups in both height and weight... maybe three times in weight.  The lighter one, Lilla, is so pretty I can't stand it.

 Because I only allowed myself a carry on I didn't even pack a purse.  But I saw this (which is technically a grocery bag, but I don't care) and had to get it.  So I have an over-sized purse to give my poor hemp bag a break this summer!
Today after church we drove my running route and it's going to be gorgeous.  I will try to pack my camera along so you can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment