Thursday, March 8, 2012

News

Multiple post day.  I have to get caught up on my pictures.  At the moment, before this post, I'm sitting at 65 pictures on my blog and I am on day 77 of this blog.  *Click my tongue*  I'm behind.

One very exciting thing that happened this week that I have yet to mention in the blog world is some music news.  I am going to be a performed composer for the fourth time in my life.  GoldDiggers is about to make it's comeback as a new and improved version, performed by Ogallala High School.  Mr. Schlake took some time to look through the piece and talked me through a few range issues (because a clarinetist like me doesn't know that a certain progression of notes is near impossible on the french horn.  I assumed everything was near impossible on the french horn.).

I have been very fortunate to have willing band directors open to subjecting their students to an untested piece of music.  I am very fortunate to have such talented kids play my piece and I am so, so excited to hear it live in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment