Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dad!

This morning my run was a shorter version of the first one so there aren't any cool pictures of that.  I did, however, enjoy my run much more than the previous two here.  The elevation is quite a bit higher here and I was running out of breath a lot faster than at home.  Today, I am finally acclimated.  Tomorrow, I'll be treadmilling at a hotel and the next day I will be home.  I wonder if I will have a record run on Friday or if changing elevation will mess with me again.
When I got home, this little one was waiting at the front door for me.

This is my dad.  He just trimmed his mustache from a longer, downward direction to an upward "handle bar" direction.  Yesterday, while my mom and I were looking through and organizing old pictures, we found the funniest pictures of my dad. He has had a mustache all of my life.  When I was in elementary school my dad was out of work for a while because of a neck injury.  So he would walk me to the bus stop (the end of the drive way) every morning.  One week, he decided to freak out the bus kids.  On Monday, he had his full mustache.  On Tuesday, he had shaved off the right side (so, he had a long and at that time dark mustache on only one side of his face).  On Wednesday he shaved the other half.  My dad spent an entire day with half of a mustache just to embarrass me.
He has always had a great sense of humor, or at least I think so.  Maybe that is why my jokes don't get laughed at a majority of the time.  He is almost always telling a joke, but you have to be paying attention to catch it.  On one long road trip he started telling me what I thought was a serious story about a sheepherding dog contest to only finish it hours later with a really lame punch line. 
He worked while I was here because he wants to make sure to have plenty of time off for the upcoming concert in April, a visit to SD in the fall when another piece of mine is played and Christmas. 
My dad is also a very giving person but he's very sneaky about it.  I've always marveled at how smart he is.  He is my daddy and I love him very much.

Tomorrow, I'll be on a plane headed home.  If you think of me, send a quick prayer for a silly concern of mine.  I am switching from a major airline to a minor one in Denver.  The minor one doesn't allow early online check-in and I only have an hour layover.  I can stay in security since I don't have checked baggage, but I am still worried I might not get on the plane.  I don't want to be left in Denver!  I miss my husband and puppies too much!

1 comment:

  1. Your dad's 'stash is epic!! Seriously. I showed my husband (who can't really grow facial hair) and he said he was jealous. Lol!!
    Have a safe trip home!
    - Jenny

    ReplyDelete