Thursday, April 12, 2012

April Shower

I love thunderstorms.  One thing I have appreciated since we have moved here is the awesomeness of the thunderstorms this region gets.  The thunder sounding like it's in the house, lightening, high winds, rain and hail.  From the comfort of my living room, I sit at our big window and watch the street turn into a stream and love every second of it.  As long as the tornado siren doesn't sound, I'm a happy camper in the rain (funny story, my favorite camping trip was in the rain... maybe I'll share it sometime).  Not in the comfort of my living room, I braved the elements hoping to get a great picture.  I didn't do it.  But here are a few that I took anyway.


 My lens fogged up a bit.

It's a perfectly timed storm in that we really needed the moisture but also in the topic I had started writing about earlier but didn't have any pictures to go with.

I have been showered with encouragement lately (see that awesome segue?!) and feel so humbled and blessed.  I don't know why He has timed it this way, but God has really blessed me in the past two weeks with some very encouraging words from people whose opinion means a great deal to me.   I received two amazing emails that brought me to tears with their kind words, I've been verbally appreciated and to top it off, I was called "tiny and cute" today by someone I just met (which is probably the best way someone I don't know could compliment me).

I can honestly say I've never received so much encouragement in a short amount of time in my life.  I know I'm not deserving of some of the positive comments I received.  And as weird as it may sound, these compliments, positive comments, encouragements, whatever you want to call them, make me want to work harder.  They make me want to be a better friend, better employee, better wife, better daughter, better person in general.

They also remind me that I don't encourage nearly as often as I should.  I know how very blessed I feel.  If I am to treat others how I want to be treated, I should be encouraging them, because I want them to feel blessed as well.

And to those of you who did the encouraging... thank you so much for your kind words.  I am a lucky gal to have you in my life... you all know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment