Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thank you, Local Pizza Hut

Lezlie, my sister-in-law, has Celiac disease.  This means she can't have any gluten.  Bread products and many other products are out.  She has gotten very talented at ordered gluten free when she eats out, and she is now mastering a soy free lifestyle as her husband has an aversion to it.

I have not been able to eat a Pizza Hut pizza since my sophomore year in high school without getting severely sick.  My husband loves Pizza Hut, so sometimes he gets something and I eat somewhere or something else. 

But we have Easter company and to save myself one or two meals, we went to Pizza Hut here in Ogallala with dad "Simon" (remember him?) and Gail.  We decided to eat out, which is more difficult for me when we go to PH because I can't bring something else.  I had kind of decided on a salad bar dinner, but it looked like it had been sitting all day.  So, I decided to order a sandwich without the bun.  My server at first raised an eyebrow, then said "we'll make it nice for you".  And it was.

Sometimes, having a specific need gets you the best food in the house.  This was delicious.  Meat haters would not like it, but it was delicious.  So never be afraid to ask to make your meal healthier.  Most places don't mind at all and you can be a lot happier with your dinner decision without giving up company or health.

No comments:

Post a Comment