Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Day In The Kitchen

Last night I attended a Women's Ministry Fellowship meeting at my church.  I plan on photographing the next meeting, which will be our spring party at Dairy Queen.  I am hoping to introduce the blogging world to some of the most amazing women I've ever met.
At the meeting, Reba mentioned that she could spend all day in the kitchen... in the winter.
I realized today, as it's nearing the low 70's outside, that apparently I can spend all day in the kitchen ...even in the summer.  
This morning, I slept in a bit, ran my longer outdoor loop, did a Jillian Michael's workout (not normally a fan of DVD work outs, but I enjoy hers for some reason), walked downtown to get some office supplies and get a sugar free chai tea because it was double punch day at the coffee shop.  The minute I got home I cut up some mushrooms to make some more cream of mushroom soup... now that I know how good it is, we are going through it pretty fast.

 I then made homemade tortillas (Shannon, they look like yours this time!  First ever!) and an enchilada filling to fill those tortillas for dinner tonight.


Then, To use up my tomatoes I made a sauce for use later this week.  This is the first time I've sat down all day!
I started this blog about 1:30, after taking a lunch break with Jim.  Then some practicing, lessons, and finally finishing dinner tonight by making a cheese sauce to top my beef enchiladas.

Recipe
1 package fat free cream cheese
8 oz or more mild or medium salsa (chunky preferred)
Chicken or Beef (leftover beef this time, I used approximately 1 1/2 C)

Heat in sauce pan until cream cheese is melted.

Fill tortillas w/ approximately 1/4 cup mixture.  Place face down in an oiled baking pan.

Cheese sauce
4 oz block of velveeta
1/2 Cup Milk

Melt in sauce pan, pour over filled tortillas.

Cover in tinfoil, bake 20 mins at 350*.

I probably should have spent some more time outside today than in the kitchen.  So maybe, I'll walk the dogs this evening.  I ran David to the vet today, so I'm sure he'll enjoy the extra treat (unless seeing the leash reminds him of going to the vet...)

No comments:

Post a Comment