Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recital

And post three of the day.

To end an eventful and performance filled week and celebrate the end of the school year I had a spring recital.  I will not be giving lessons for the month of May as kind of a "reset" on my lessons.  I need to reevaluate some things, organize a little more and prepare for the rest of the year.

Today, 8 of my 10 students played a song or two for family and friends.  Recitals are really casual and quick.  Part of lessons is teaching performance etiquette, so the past couple of weeks have been working on performing while standing, introducing oneself and the song, smiling, stepping to the side and bowing at the end, acknowledging the accompanist.  

So, with each student dressed properly, politely interacting with their audience and performing well, we had a successful recital.  Afterwards, pictures were taken and we went on our merry ways. 
Wow, I look short next to Kurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment