Sunday, April 8, 2012

Company

Like everyone else this time of year, I'm with family.  This time, we have company, we are not the company.  Gail, Lezlie and Doug, Stan (I mean, Simon) and Doug and Lezlie's baby are all here. 
The problem with company is I eat too much when they are around.   I am horrified about not providing a good meal, and the Parrish clan eats when they are together.  So, I test taste everything I make, including the mashed potatoes (the first time I've had white potatoes in a really, really long time... I will probably regret this later).  But, all the food was good and no one has complained yet.  And since the meal had to be gluten, soy and somewhat milk and sugar free, I am glad that it all turned out.

To celebrate being together, we went to the lake.  David was the only dog to brave the water.  He was tired when we got home, and extra lovey in the car on the ride home.  Look at those eyes saying "thank you!"



And baby and Gail are enjoying each others company as we wait for popcorn and milkshakes and movie time.  Another Parrish clan tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment