Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Account of the Piano Burning

No doubt there will be plenty floating around.  An event like a piano burning is a life changing experience.  It certainly isn't something you'd find yourself doing every day.  It also isn't something you should describe to your favorite piano teacher-- but I dare you not to (I think every single person I know who plays piano knows about my piano burning experience... I got a sick enjoyment out of their horrified expressions).  I was careful to get some cool looking pictures.  I've even decided if I ever become a famous recording artist and need album cover art, I will be using one of these pictures. 
 Two of my favorite ladies in the whole world peaking around the ill-fated piano.

 Album cover shot!


 An "on-top-of-the-picnic-bench-right-next-to-the-really-hot-piano" shot
Some of the crowd enjoying the heat.

I would like to mention that not only was it a unique experience in that we were burning a piano (come on, how many of you can say you've done that?  Okay, forget that, most people that read this blog were there...), but it was also unique to the group of people I was with.  A couple I had barely met gave me a coat and sleeping bag almost instantly when they saw I didn't come prepared.  Without questioning who I was or if I was worth the hassle.  Others, who normally wouldn't brave a bean based desert, tried my chocolate chip cookie deep dish pie without complaint.  Everyone made sure everyone else was comfortable without a second thought.

Have I mentioned I love living here?

Thanks for the fun time, everyone.  What a great way to spend a Saturday night.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness--those burning photos are amazing! well-done (great play on words, eh?!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely a memorable experience!

    ReplyDelete