Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birthday Week... Go!

Anyone who has been around me in the past couple of weeks knows that my birthday is coming up.  I love birthdays and I love them more every year, so if I get a chance, I announce my birthday.  It's not because I want things, I don't even need recognition that it's my birthday.  I just really, really like to celebrate.

So today, I pretended that my new glasses were a birthday present, even though I paid for them.  I made Chai Banana Bread, using this recipe, cutting out the white sugar, halving the butter and using whole wheat flour.


I also made dinner, which will be a separate post. 

And I made myself a hair appointment with my favorite stylist, Chelsea. 

See, I don't mind other hair dressers (my experience at Head 2 Toe was very nice), but I just love Chelsea.  She and I enjoy the same books and movies and she not only cuts and styles my hair, she shows me how to do things with it, too.  I didn't know how to curl my hair until Chelsea showed me.  So, I turn off my cell phone, and for about 45 minutes, Chelsea plays with my hair, makes me look a little better, and we talk movies and books.  It's a great way to start birthday week.  Sorry about the picture not showing my new hairstyle.  I am no good at capturing it myself.  Those are my new glasses, however.  I feel very librarian in them, but I love them.  She made my hair have more layers and curled a little for me tonight.

By the way, I want to apologize for birthdays I've missed.  This year, for some reason I haven't been very good about keeping up with them.  So here is a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to everyone that I totally skipped out on.  I suck sometimes :(.

But...
In case you were interested, this is a totally shameless announcement that my birthday is Friday, June 1.  I will be 25.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good. I love Chai!! It's funny bc I made banana bread today, too. It's an eggless recipe that I can tweak so Brian can eat it. Here it is, if you need another recipe. :)

    http://acookatheart.blogspot.com/2006/09/baking-eggless-banana-bread.html

    ReplyDelete