Monday, May 7, 2012

Mall of America

The last time I was in the Mall of America, I got lost.  I tried to grab the hand of a stranger I had mistaken for my mom.  Yeah, that didn't go over well when I discovered it wasn't her.  It was traumatic enough that I remember the lady turning around but not a second after.
Today was a lot less traumatic.  It was exhausting and not something I'd repeat on a daily basis, but I enjoyed it.
 For some reason, my dear husband was awake at 5:45 this morning (I told him last night today would be a good day to "sleep in"... what happened?).  We went to the hotel gym for some treadmill time.  Then we were headed to the mall... at 8:30 AM.  We parked and walked to the entrance to see the opening sign of 10 AM.  Back to the hotel where I took a nap, and then back to the mall at a decent time.

I wore my new shirt that I got at the running shop in Lincoln.  I also wore my new charm from Danielle that says "i run".

We started at Lego Land.  Jim smiled the whole time we were there, took a lot of pictures but kept his adult cool.

Then, we made our way around level 1, then level 2.  Other than a Nestle Toll House cookie we didn't buy anything at first.  By the time we were finishing level 2 I was having a sensory overload.  So instead of trudging on, we had lunch (I had the best smoothie ever at Healthy Express with my wrap and it had the BIGGEST straw I've ever drank out of!).

Then, because I was still a little overwhelmed, we went to The Avengers at the mall theater, followed by finishing off the third level and a quick drop in to Old Navy and the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory before we left. 

We are now relaxing at the hotel and getting super excited for our awesome stay in Tofte coming up tomorrow!

2 comments: