Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flower Fairy

This rose just opened up this morning in front of our house.  I have been watching ants carefully open up the petals for the past few weeks and finally their hard work has paid off.  This is the first time we've had these roses in front of the house.
I don't know how these flowers show up in the front of our house.  I hate, hate, hate yard work.  Which is pretty apparent in our beautifully kept neighborhood.  Our yard usually has the longest grass, a few weeds (or a lot), and other typical bad looking yard woes.  However, the flowers in the front keep coming up and are different every year.  I think I have a flower bed fairy to keep at least one part of the yard looking nice for me.

If anyone has any yard work tips, I'd appreciate it.  Particularly quick and not-so-dirty ones.  I'm sorry to sound like such a girly girl, but I don't like bugs, I don't like dirt and I don't like sweating unless it's for athletic activity.

Edited to add:  That isn't a rose.  It's a peonies.  See, definitely not a gardener, florist, or anything that has anything to do with yard work.  Thanks for pointing that out, Bob :), I learned something new today.  Maybe you should come identify the rest of my flowers... because I don't know what those are called either....


1 comment: