Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clothes Swapping

During my no-spend month, I've been going through portions of the house getting rid of things and rediscovering things I didn't remember having.  This morning was clothes.  I am not the most fashionable of women, but I hope I look "cute" in most of my clothes.  Sometimes, because of size changes or realizing it really doesn't fit my personality or my body style, things get pushed back to the back of the closet.
So I rearranged to start wearing some "new"/old things I'd forgotten about and get rid of some things that won't work for me.
Normally, the pile of won't works go to a clothes drive or the local consignment shop.  But, as I read through more no-spend month articles I found a clothes swap party blog.  I had never heard of such a thing but it looked like a lot of fun.  It's a party where women get together with decent clothes they no longer wear and swap with friends for new to them clothing.  Sounds like a free blast... except I don't know of a group of gals that are all the same size.  And there is no better way to destroy self-esteem and make a party miserable than announcing your dress size in front of a room of your friends.  Besides, what fun would a party be where everyone is a different size so nothing new would fit you, anyway?


So, instead of doing that, I'm throwing an online swap party with my blog friends.  You are invited.  If you aren't interested, don't do it.  But if you have some good quality clothes you need to get rid of, post a picture.  If you aren't comfortable posting a size, wait until someone asks about it in an email or something.
If you see something that tickles your fancy in my little pile here, let me know.  I'll try to get them to you personally as soon as possible (sorry, this is a free for friends deal not a paid transaction, you might have to wait) or I will mail them. For free!
Top picture: Green boyfriend cardigan (M) Old Navy, Orange (M) Old Navy, Pink with "frills" (S)(but oversized) Maurices,  Dark purple (S) runs short but super cute, Black Dress top (M) Maurices has a cool neck line, I just don't wear it often.  Red Faded Glory T (M)
Middle: Ranging in size from 6-10
Bottom: All Medium, various brands.  Belt.
And if you happen to come across something in your closet that might fit me... let me know... I need some fashion help!


No comments:

Post a Comment